Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 3 Picks

Since I gave Jess a hassle for not doing picks week 1 and then ignored picks in week 2, I figure I owe it to DPT to do picks in week 3.  Yes, it's only an hour before the deadline and no they won't be funny.  I plan on owing myself beers at Y of A, whenever I actually show up for post kickball beers.

I will not, however, be doing any excel work, tabulating, or fancy coloration of cells for this.  Only presenting you with my extraordinarily uneducated picks.

Game 1: TBN v Growlers

I didn't get to see TBN play in week 1, but I do see they lost to a team called Pitches Be Cray.  That's not a good sign when playing the perennial asshole powerhouse squad in black.  I'm going to assume the Growlers dominate this game.  What to watch for: Nate's temper tantrum when a Growler takes a walk.

Game 2: Great Balls of Fire v PBC

Two teams I know absolutely nothing about.  It's tough to make jokes about nothing.  6-5 GBoF, I guess.

Game 3: Rikickulous v OAF

OAF is not good at kickball, but I really dislike names of teams that just throw "kick" in there somewhere so people know you're referencing a kickball team.  It's really dumb.  Tough choice between two giant sucks in the same game.  OAF wins, I guess.  Making picks used to be fun...

Game 4: Ballics v Superbad

Making Ballics jokes was a lot easier with Gorecki in town.  Fortunately for us, we know there's a little Gorecki on the way, at least according to a facebook post that was quickly deleted.  Good luck deleting this, Gorecki (who probably still checks in here on occasion)!  Superbad wins.

Game 5: Ligers v FreeBallers

Apparently we're doing a theme game for this one.  Football players and cheerleaders.  Very creative.  I know absolutely nothing about the FreeBallers, but I think I'd be pretty uncomfortable just letting my junk swing in the breeze under some gym shorts on the kickball field.  At the strip club on the other hand...  Ligers win.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Week 3 picks

Growlers over TBN

Queen Jess gets pissed and throws her shirt as Mike walks 4 runs in during the first inning, because he cant see the strike zone though his broken glasses from the last game. Nate is kicking his teams stereo on the sidelines cause his team is taking walks. Smooty pushes dawn for taking pictures and has no clue why. The second inning Litman comes in and calms everyone down by smashing the pinata. Inside are a new pair of glasses for Mike and the Growlers put up 8 runs for the win.





Pitches Be Cray over Great Balls of Fire


PBC comes out pitching side arm and playing way to serious. GBF comes out with one girl and the rest of the guys are all wasted.



OAF over Rikickulous

OAF has gotten a whole lot better with Laniece as the captain. she has recruited Josh Freeman as there new motivational coach. He gives the team ritalin and they stay focused for the win.



Superbad over The Alcoballics

Im not sure what I was thinking adding Deeks on our team. Now its not right to make fun of him anymore. F that who ever said I was right anyway. Oh wait I remember I needed someone tall sweaty and loud who can scare the grass down so I see over it to pitch.

On a side note some of the ballics are from the torn apart Pitches Be Crazy team (I wonder what happened there ha ha ha) so we could have a civil war on our hands tonight.



Ligers over FreeBallers

Could this be the boys in blue year to win a season title? Nope its the Ligers. They screw it up in a new way each year but at least they look good doing it. (Best Damn Shorts Ever) Easy win this week for them.



Superbad over Rikickulous

Dont know anything about this new team except there captain sucks at talking shit. I tried to start something but all I got was 'cant wait" worst comeback ever.

Unknown said...

Just as an FYI I wouldn't count on OAF to win a whole lotta games this season but CJ you are correct I did hire Freeman (it didn't do much good) so I can get peacefully drunk on the sidelines while being Johnny's bitch. Nate refused to let me be his bitch too, I guess he knows once you black you never go back.

BTW, I totally forgot about this blog until thursday's games, do the new teams know about it yet?

Chandler said...

What blog?

Nate Dawg said...

Hi.

Unknown said...

Nate, is that a sign you may be changing your mind?

Chandler, you confuse me. I can only hope you don't manage the ligers the same way you manage this blog or you won't even get close to seeing a trophy. Even the Liger Cup is too embarrassed to come back to your team.

Chandler said...

No confusion needed. I retired from this particular blog. One day I might return to actively producing content. Buuuuuut... the conditions for said return aren't right yet.