Friday, July 17, 2009

Is Family Guy Good Enough?

I have to admit I’ve only watched Family Guy a couple times, and I thought it was alright. I’m wondering is it really good enough to be nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series? Apparently it is, and I should watch more of it.
The last animated series to be nominated was The Flintstones in 1961, and I believe it was the 1st one too. So, the nominations this year were:

30 Rock
Entourage
Family Guy
Flight of the Conchords
How I Met Your Mother
The Office
Weeds


There is the category of Outstanding Animated Program, which have included shows like Family Guy and The Simpsons.
But this is for Outstanding Comedy Series.
I don’t think it stands a chance against 30 Rock or How I Met Your Mother.
What do you guys think?

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm probably in the minority because I hate Family Guy. I think the Office is the standout comedy for me.

Chandler said...

Hmm... this is quite a feat for manatees.

Take a few minutes and watch this clip.

Griff said...

haha I believe Chan would be referring to the Cartoon Wars 2-part series South Park aired a few seasons ago...I've seen Family Guy in a different way ever since...

Chandler said...

right on! that link above in my comment is to a clip where Cartman discovers the writers for Family Guy are manatees who push around "idea balls"

great stuff

bull said...

Family Guy is amazing but I wouldn't mind if How I Met Your Mother won

MJ said...

Family Guy is hilar

Nate Dawg said...

I absolutely love Family Guy, probably one of my top 3 favorite shows for sure! HIMYM is also very good.

SarahB said...

HIMYM!!! Lengen...wait for it...i hope your not lactose intollerant cuz here it comes...DARY