Monday, October 18, 2010

Win Championships...Pop Bottles

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Kitten Killers of all ages...

As tournament weekend approaches, let us not forget what we came here to do in the first place...piss off MLoop and Kegger.

Last season, we started a little bit of tradition that I'm hoping will continue. (otherwise, it won't be tradition) We encouraged each team to bring one bottle of champagne and sign it/decorate it however they choose. When that team loses their game, they provide it to the winner. This continues through each round ultimately leaving the tournament champion with 16 bottles of bubbly to go nuts with.

Now, there were a few snags last season...the first, was that not every team participated. The second, was that someone decided to start snagging bottles during the day. I would expect that out of Kegger and MLoop, and maybe even out of Breaker Division, but not from our group.

I'm pretty sure that the Old Folks a/k/a ToeJammers appreciated it last year. It appeared to have magical powers too, as Ruben's shoulder became instantly better. It's just one more thing that makes us better than 99.99% of all other WAKA Leagues.

Chan Chan - are the bracket payouts going to be in YellaBucks this season?

5 comments:

Chandler said...

Brackets WILL be back this year and participants must use American Government recognized tender to buy in. I'll do a post on that later today or tomorrow...

Geoff said...

I still like this champagne idea! If we can get everyone to participate it will be a really cool tradition.

trinihic said...

In on the champagne... wonder if I can add the field to my list of places... hmmm...

trinihic said...

oohh by the way.. can I use Euros???

Buchanan said...

Trini,

I talked to Chandler and told him about your immigration problem and he is going to allow you to use the currency of your native land... the Jamaican Dollar!

PS - Why am I in your blog profile picture? You look like you are about to vomit in to a Liger cup right in front of me!?!