Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Don't Forget to Register...wait...



For an organization full of people who claim to rarely, if ever, read this fine interwebs publication, WAKA seems to know an awful lot about what is said on here. The possibility of our banned and boycott group beating a trail to GoKickball seems to have accuracy kicked them in the ass. I also received one of those emails today and what's the first thing I notice? A $10 discount for returning players. Now they may have planned to do this all along, but for my money (I hope they didn't hear that, they'll try to take it to pay for "parking" during the winter league on Wednesdays) they finally realized a lot of us were serious about getting the fuck out of WAKA and they're, gasp, trying to cultivate some customer loyalty. WAKA has never really been anything but the only choice for kickball anywhere close to the center of Tampa. They took it for granted that people wouldn't go looking for a better option if they eventually got fed up with the piss-poor customer service. First, there was "update #2", now it's an attempt to seem magnanimous when really, they're making a half-assed attempt to keep many of the people responsible for making Bayshore so popular in the past. They might have been fooled into thinking we weren't organized enough to coordinate a mass-exodus when they see MS paint pics and grown men making fun of high schools girls, but as soon as Mike and Chandler got the ball rolling with one of their competitors, they MLooped their pants. I don't want to opt out of these emails though. If I did, I'd miss gems like this...

"The Bayshore division is proud to call MacDintons home of the WAKA special $1 beers our home away from home again."

Grammar policing is a pretty common occurrence around here, and it usually has to do with Teneille's ongoing pie fight with which "your/you're" to use. But, it's more fun to pick on WAKA reps. I would suggest home that instead home of using the party home budget for parking home and buying MLoop home drinks at the home captain's meeting, they home buy a thesaurus and a home bag of commas.

Now, I have to get back to trying to win that damn accuracy kick game...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 12/1: Yesterday I could still log in to my account on the WAKA website, today, not so much. I never replied to the email with "remove me", what else happened in the meantime?

8 comments:

Chandler said...

"...home of the WAKA special $1 beers..."

Now this email was written by Erik... who if you watched Kyle's video of the Accuracy Kick was the giant ball of pink that looked like Kirby.

Surely he's been in Tampa long enough to know that $1 beers is offered to anyone at MacDinton's on Thursday.

Shit... maybe he doesn't, considering that they also offer $1 beers to the Breaker Division on Tuesday. That must be why they fill up their 10-team league so fast.

Geoff said...

Haha... It IS Kirby! and I'm pretty sure that's our very own Mike Gorecki in the question mark jacket.

M. Gorecki said...

Very Funny heffey.. well the guy getting the pie in the face looks like you... with glasses... and hair..

Anyways, I guess I'm not banned (yet) from Waka as I was able to log in. (Shh my secrets safe here right cause Corporate never checks this site?) They're (correct usage) 4 teams signed up as of this morning and 3 of them are new names (and people I pressume). So for you banned people, behold the list of people that did not get the memo:
I Need a Refill (Kevin Bott)
Your Balls My Foot (Jaclyn Meyers)
For Alexa (Jay Leffue)
TGH (Jayda Pinvidic)

trinihic said...

never got the WAKA email... hmmm.. However I can still login into the site... hehehe...

YellowBird said...

Just for shits and giggles, I tried to sign up under a new name and got to the checkout. Apparently, Yellabucks aren't an accepted payment method.

"...home of the WAKA special $1 beers........and home of the Friday morning Miller Lite Fog."

Maybe Breaker and Bayshore can merge into one division and WAKA can pay PAL for 3 nights and only actually play on one of them.

Mike does looks funny in that suit.

The following people suck:

I Need a Refill (Kevin Bott)
Your Balls My Foot (Jaclyn Meyers)
For Alexa (Jay Leffue)
TGH (Jayda Pinvidic)
MLoop
Tyrus
WAKA
And anyone who buys into the $10 off bullshit

Erika said...

I didn't get the email inviting me to join... :::tear::: so sad! :.o( Because $10 off was definitely enough to persuade me to bend over and take it up the pooper from WAKA again. Darnit!

Chandler said...

Souder apparently just got banned. Remember to check to see if your login is still active! It might be today, but not tomorrow!!

Oh, and the Bayshore Movement page is still accurate. So check that out and tell me where you people are playing.

MJ said...

add to the list:
Balls N Dolls - Nick C
Pick Me Up - Mark Berlick