Thursday, November 4, 2010

My contact with WAKA

Below is my email to WAKA and their response:

To whom it may concern,

I’ve been a WAKA player for 10 seasons now and I must say I enjoy the game of kickball as well as the company of the friends I’ve made while doing so. I know you’ve received other emails from the FL-Bayshore division already, but I’d like to let you know my letter is not one of complaint but one of inquisition.

I understand your right as a private company to remove anyone from playing under your umbrella that you choose. But can you please offer me an explanation as to why each of these individuals has been banned from play? I just want to make sure for myself that these players weren’t banned from WAKA for just voicing their opinions. After all, the adage goes “the squeaky wheel gets the oil” not “the squeaky wheel gets removed and we’ll just ride around with one less wheel”, right? I’m sure there’s a perfectly sound reason to remove these individuals; so if you could just forward me a breakdown, that would be great.

Also, there’s a “List of grievances” located online outlining the complaints/questions raised by our division that weren’t met with any sort of resolution; I’ve attached a pie chart (fig. 1-A) illustrating the customer service received by us as a whole. So I’d also like to ask that someone up there in big WAKA HQ take the time to explain to me why these issues weren’t addressed by the people you placed in charge of addressing such issues (i.e. Division Rep, Customer Service Rep, those in charge of “banning”)

Finally, I’d like to thank you for your time in answering my questions and finally clearing the air about this whole debacle. I know how important customer feedback in to a company that reaches so many individuals so let me remind you that the easiest way to keep players coming back and the money rolling in is to just be open and honest with them. Which is all we here in the FL-Bayshore division have been after since the beginning. I’ve also included a customer service graph(Fig.2-B) as a visual aid.

I hope while reading this you take my visual aids in jest and my email to heart. Have a great day & I look forward to your response.


Geoff Leighly

Loyal Waka Customer

******************

Geoff,

Thanks for your e-mail. A bigger thanks for playing 10 seasons! Due to privacy issues we can’t discuss any individual player issues. I am sure you can understand the reason behind that concern. However, to clear up one issue we are more than open to discuss any and all ideas to make WAKA Kickball better. I have also made sure to always keep a “virtual” open door policy to any ideas that would make our player’s experience better. In the near future I plan to visit the Tampa area and would be glad to chat about your concerns.

Thank you,

Jonathan Korb

Director Customer Service

WAKA Kickball

The World Adult Kickball Association

Best Parties. Best Games. Best Friends.

KICKBALL.COM

You have to give it to him... at least HE replied to all of us. Where are the other people we emailed?

6 comments:

Chandler said...

Awesome charts. They've probably made the company decision to let Johnathan handle all replies... especially since he's the "Director of Customer Service."

Since he knows we're all waiting on the edge of our seats for the "official" reason of the bans... why hasn't he emailed those banned individually with explanations?

Or are the reasons SO private that the banished people aren't even allowed to know? That's some heavy shit. All super secret.

Smithkey said...

I am not giving him any credit at all. It takes 2 seconds to reply to your email with some line of politically correct BS. Considering they have lost about a quarter of their returning players next season (and I would not be surprised to see that number grow to 50%), you would think they would do something other then sit on their ass and watch it happen. I guess it is too late for that though. Good Job WAKA!

Chris said...

Any credit he may have earned vanished the moment he typed the word "chat".

Maria said...

No one will be there to "Chat" with him, let's be honest.

I also sent a letter and got a BS reply when I sent back another e-mail basically asking what Geoff did, it was ignored. Like Nate says, Don't Care.

Angie AKA Clam, HJ, ... said...

When he visits the Tampa area to "chat" we should invite him to a KS game and show him all the loyal customers they lost.

barflett said...

Chandler, have you never seen Animal House? All you banned people have been on "double secret probation" for quite some time, just like Delta House was.