Thursday, March 10, 2011

ESPN’s GoKickball Gameday



Reece - Dawn is approaching on this Rainy Survival Thursday. The top 6 teams are hours away from their monumental showdowns. We will learn who the contenders and who the pretenders are. Gameday gets your day started next.

Announcer - Welcome to GoKickball Gameday, pouring drinks by Yard Of Ale

Reece - Welcome to Tampa, FL Kickball fans. It will be electric in just a few short hours when the top 6 teams are set to battle each other. TBN vs. Superbad, Alcoballics vs. Off Constantly, and Growlers vs. Ligers. Alongside Dick Vitale, Digger Phelps and Jay Bilas; I'm Reece Davis. Today we also have Coach Bob Knight with us. Let's begin with your Upset Alerts.

Knight - You know, I'm so shocked with Reece's lack of knowledge about upset alerts that I don't care who wins those games tonight. We're not wasting time talking about 4 teams that are a combined 1-11. That is chicken shit!



Reece - We'd like to apologize to our families and young people watching for that comment. Moving on let's get to a matchup of 2-1 Teams in Superbad vs. The Beer Nuts.

Bilas - Superbad will be able to control the tempo and dominate this game. I'm not sure there is a player in the league like CJ with his ability and skill on the mound. Superbad wins this game easily.

Knight - I think Superbad will want to get regrouped after one point being the best team in the country. I think they worked very hard the past couple of days to get back to that positive. Superbad gets a statement win tonight.

Vitale - I like Superbad. This is an outstanding team defensively.

Digger - I don't think Thee Beer Nuts defense can stop the Superbad offense. Superbad wins it tonight.



Reece - Moving on to The Alcoballics vs. Off Constantly. Break it down for us fellas.

Vitale - What are the Alcoballics made off. Tonight my friends we find out. Well I'll tell you in the Alcoballics previous game it was flat out one of the worst offense efficiency games I've ever seen from them. How will they react to avoid losing another one? I really like the Alcoballics defensively. They are going to do a great job there. I believe if they can score 1 run, then they win this game. If not it's a tie.

Bilas - I'm going to take Off Constantly here even though I think it's going to be a rock fight. It's going to be difficult to score runs on the Alcoballics Top Defense which only allowed 2 runs all season. But the Alcoballics offense just isn't gelling like Off Constantly's. Look for that to be the difference maker.

Digger - I don't think the offense will be there for the Alcoballics tonight. I think Off Constantly wins the game.

Knight - I think the Alcoballics defense is too good. Defense wins period. Alcoballics win tonight.



Reece - It was a tough choice this week and now for our Game Of The Week. Ligers vs. Growlers.

Bilas - This is a battle of the top 2 offense teams in the league. The Ligers with 18 runs scored and The Growlers with 16. They each have played similar opponents with similar results. First place is an unfamiliar spot for the Ligers this deep into the season. I think if the Ligers don't play smart defensively they are in for a tough time. I do think there is too much pressure on the team to make it to 4-0 and they will falter tonight. Growlers win in the late innings.

Digger - I think the Ligers know this is a payback game. The last 3 non-tournament games they are 0-3 vs. The Yeagabombs losing those games by a combined score of 16-4. The fact is this, if the Ligers can keep the Growlers off the bases and they can. Then I think the Ligers win this game.

Knight - I agree with Digger in this regard. I think The Ligers are very capable of shutting down the Growlers offense. Ligers win a close on tonight.

Vitale - It would seem the likelihood that The Ligers can spend the entire first half of the season flying under the radar in first place would be about the same as Charlie Sheen appearing completely coherent in an interview but somehow that has happened. The Liger have been a little stealth now and have the opportunity to make the big splash. But let me tell you this America, the Growlers have a person who can't kick the ball as far as my 2 year great granddaughter can. Are you serious? Had the Ref ruled it a MUNT you wouldn't have this special opportunity to be invited to Jay Bilas's Kicking Fundamentals Class. My pick is The Ligers Baby!! I love the spirit and the passion of their fans, don’t you? This place is rockin!





Reece - Enjoy your kickball Thursday

No comments: