Friday, April 1, 2011

GOKickball Touranment + Other Ramblings

The tournament is STILL scheduled for tomorrow.  Tell your teams!  I had a couple of people inform me they didn't know this, which makes me scratch my head because 1) the tourney date has always been posted as 4/2/2011 and 2) we're in our 8th week so shouldn't everyone assume that the tournament is sometime around now?

Anyway, last night GKB emailed the captains to vote on how to handle the tournament and make-up games.  The majority (Ligers, Alcoballics, Beer Nuts, Shockers, Pitches be Crazy, Bunt Chasers) voted to have the make-up games TOMORROW morning.  Games are at 10am (Ligers vs DAaLts / PBC vs BC / OC vs TBN) and 11:10am (Shockers vs Super / Alco vs Growlers).  Touranment starts at 12:30pm.

Wake up early and bring mimosas.

Drink these and deal with it.

Robes on the Growlers is concerned with playing a possible 28 innings tomorrow if his team wins the championship.  So when filling out your bracket, be sure to put them down for losing in the final four.  Speaking of brackets... I'll have blank ones since seedings will happen after the make-up games.  Bring $5 for every entry.  Winner takes all (1-2-4-6 points by round).

None of you people came out to the bar last night, which is slightly understandable after the apocalypse storm.  But GKB corporate guys were in town, and I told them as many complaints/suggestions as I could remember.  Granted, we were all drinking, so I need to email them an official list.  Please comment or email me (or the blog: donkeynoms@gmail.com) anything you want the corporate guys to hear.  They did say that they'll have a new website in a couple of months.

The season party is STILL scheduled for May 7th at Wings Gone Wild.  GKB kids are free, everyone else is $10.

And finally... the most important announcement...

After the tournament we're heading to Ragin Cajun!  Don't miss out on that...  It's the shitty bar on Hillsborough (1735 W Hillsborough Ave, Tampa FL).

6 comments:

Robes said...

I think you mean WHEN not IF we win.

28 innings is a lot though. If I throw 10 pitches per inning thats 280 for the day. Hopefully my arm doesn't fall off.

Chandler said...

Well... if it does... we'll just get you a new one like we got you a new face. FrankenRobes.

Nate Dawg said...

LOL RoboRobes...if you cant do it for 28 innings you dont deserve the championship.

Anonymous said...

What's up with Johnny not emailing the OC captain? I'm going to assume Rollo has everything to do with that because he hates the OC.

Chandler said...

He emailed your gmail account... but didn't have the 2 on the end of it. So someone else in the world is probably a bit confused right now.

I wonder how many captains emails you've missed now.

Anonymous said...

I've gotten a few captains emails, but obviously not all of them. I've been missing emails from johnny all year. He skipped me on several before the season. Julie would ask me about something that he said, and I'd have no idea what she was talking about.