Sunday, May 17, 2009

His Name is Bito -ORIGINAL-

**Original "His Name is Bito" post... in its entirety without any modification***

---------------------------------

If you have a problem with someone or something do you - ?

A) Come to that person directly and be upfront
B) Sit in your room, put on The Cure and cry
C) Do nothing
D) Type out a 1000 word essay to a girl at 2:30am and whine

Unfortunately Florian chose D.

A little back story.

Florian does not like me because I dated the love of his life, and because I can be abrasive and outspoken when the situation needs it to be.... oh and I dated the love of his life. Can't be clear enough on that.

Florian is also very over the top when it comes to being a kickball captain. (Shocker I know) Things like signing our bi weekly email essay's with "Your Captain" and writing them where everything is "I have made this decision, and I am going to do this or that", addressing his future "Stepping Down" like its a military command position or he is the CEO of GM. Should we hold a ceremony?

Normally his antics and over the topness is pretty harmless. And we all just keep on going without paying him any mind.

But lately its been getting out of control. Florian plays himself at multiple positions, plays himself every inning. Rearranges the line up to benefit himself. Etc

So last night as I was perusing our defensive alignment. I noticed that multiple people on the team were only playing 3 innings. While Florian had himself(and only him) down to play every inning at multiple positions. So I decided to ask him right then and there. I know for a fact 75% of the team didn't even hear me talking to Flo. Anyway it all lead to this exchange.

Bito: Hey Flo!
Florian: (nervous glance and shuffling the other way)

2 minutes later
Bito: Hey Flo, quick question, how come some people are playing all 5 innings while others are only playing 3??
Florian: (quick glance and walking away pretending to get another beer, followed by a weak attempt to blend in with the crowd)

2 minutes later
Bito: Hey Flo, why are you playing every inning and some people are only playing 3?
Florian: Well you two(Mike Smithkey and I) aren't playing because you can only play 2 positions 1st and 3rd and you are on a rotation
Bito: What are you talking about? I'll play anywhere.
Mike: Yeah me too
Florian: Well those are the positions you signed up for. (Even though he writes in the email, I never signed up)
Bito: No I've played other positions. Hell last week I play 2nd, center field and right field. And how come you can play anywhere you want and the whole game??
Florian: Because I know me and I know I can play all the positons (Cue Frank right here) I don't know you. I don't know where you can play. I asked for input on where you want to play and you never gave me any.
Bito: It's kickball. I can play every position.
Florian: How would I know that? I don't know you!
Bito: Sooo why are you playing every inning again?
Florian: Because I am the captain
Bito: Good thing you are stepping down next season.
Florian : Maybe, you should have stepped up this season!! (ZING!)

Best part of this whole email, aside from it in it's entirety, is this
"His name is Bito" like I'm a magician or something.

Oh and Yes I did slam a door in Angie's face in NOLA, it was 7am or something. I didn't return from the bar until after 5am and I had made up my mind to miss my 9am flight and I hadn't communicated that to Angie and she was just trying to be a good friend and I drunkenly told her I wasn't going and to leave me alone and I slammed the door. I apologized profusely and we moved on. But I guess it is now Florian's business.

But since he wants to call me out. When I am drunk I don't molest girls and grab their breasts and stare at them like meat. That is Flo's job.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Florian Geier
Date: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:30 AM
Subject: Some Information
To: Heather Nissen


Heather,
I know you won't read this until Saturday but I just wanted to give you a heads up on some information that will be shared with the team after the playoffs. I tried to step up and lead this team formed in Leif's honor but have not succeeded. Thus, I have been thinking about this for a while now and I was pretty sure but after tonight I am definately sure that I will step down as captain of the team after this season. I'm not even sure right now if I will play on the Superstars next season but it is too early to say for sure.
There was a situation that I did not appreciate that happened tonight on the field. A particular player came up to me complaining why some people got more playing time than others. While I agree this would be a valid point to make, the timing was very bad on this persons part. We are eight weeks into the season so I would expect him to say something at an earlier game plus he chose to say something during the game which was not the best time to be doing this. It's not like I changed my strategy this week, it has been the same for all eight weeks. The kicker is that when I tried to put said player on the field for an extra inning to even it out like he asked, he did not take the field and thus someone else had to take his spot.

I thought about sending this out to the whole team, but don't think it is fair to lump everyone in on this as it is just one bad apple. I did send out an email at the beginning of the season stating that if anyone has any suggestions to make the team better or just has some input to share, let me know. Of course I got no response.

I also asked people where they wanted to play, and barely got a response from anyone (and of course got no response from said player) so I have to play people where I think they will succeed. Thus in a way I am guilty of giving people unfair playing time. I know certain people will succeed at certain positions but others I put them where I think they can play well. If they want to play somewhere else, then I wish they would let me know. I admit I am guilty of wanting to win while also having fun so I try to keep people at thier best positions.

I say all this to you because I'm sure you know who the person is who gave me shit tonight. His name is Bito. While I do not know if the rumors are true that you guys are seeing each other right now and it is really none of my business unless you would like to tell me, you two have become very close as you are with the rest of the fam. I just have to tell you that I don't like him and it will stop me from hanging out as much when he is around both currently and in the future. I hate to say it but that is how much I can't stand him.

Maybe its unfair how I think about him and maybe you think that the only reason I do not like him is the way he treated Beth. While that may be a part of it, I assure you that my dislike for him did not really start until long after they broke up. I hate the fact that he like to poke fun at people but can't take it himself when people poke fun at him. I also don't like his short temper for example when he slammed the door in Angie's face when she tried to get him up in NOLA. I'm sure she would have still tried to get him to get ready if hadn't told her to leave him behind. I just think he only cares about himself and not anyone else. Case in point, backing out on the cruise last minute, thus costing each of you guys that still went extra money.

Not sure if you were there at the time, and don't think you were, but I'm sure Ernie rememebers. About a year or year and a half back back when we were on our way to Ceviche at First Friday, Leif asked me a question that I did not have an answer for. He asked me "who do you not like in Kickball." I could honestly tell him there wasn't a single person in kickball that I disliked. If he or anyone else were to ask me that same question right now, I would definatly have an answer. The answer would be Bito. I feel that strongly about it.
Take this email for what you may. Maybe I'm just letting off steam or something since it is late right now. I just wanted to let you know how I feel since it seems we have grown apart lately. I haven't really had a chance to talk to you much in the past few weeks. I hope you can keep this information between us but it is up to you. If you feel like sharing it with someone or even posting it on he blog, that is your right since I did send it to you. No worries as I have no problem standing by evey sigle word I have said in this email.
That being said, I hope you had fun on the cruise. It is your team to lead this week since I won't be there. Geoff is 90% sure he will be back so he can help you out in any way you need help and if not, there are pleanty of others on the team that will help you succeed. I'll have to come over sometime to give you the scorebook but I'm sure we can work something out.

Florian


----- In Closing ------
I only posted this because in the email Florian said I could.

And for the record. I just wanted to know why some people were playing 5 innings and others werent? Florian could have just fixed it. But he let personal feelings affect his captaining abilities. I also didn't make him write a disparaging thousand word email at 230am.

No comments: