Saturday, August 11, 2012

WAKA Recap…

All right, it’s great to see DPT awake and alive and kicking after its long summer slumber…. Reid’s Chicken catch, She-Wee… DPT never disappoints.  As many of you know, I spent this past summer season in WAKA.  It was actually a covert operation aimed at securing a full league for GOKickball.  It was an arduous mission, the season was in total discombobulation as the cash-generating WAKA machine empire expanded its domain to an uncontrollable 20 teams.  All of this in the mist of constructing a huge bigger Death Star building to house all of the new money making madness social sports machine.  IT was quite a HOT sweaty mess.  Once I penetrated deep into the Shockers roster, I donned the “Happy Hand” to make it an extra happy season.   And with my announcement of rejoining the fearless Ligers in the Fall season in GOKickball, well, the purple (yes all of it, Shockers & Jacked UP) followed the Pied Piper back to Happy Chanland.  I was surprised to observe a much more developed WAKA league than when I saw it last summer.  There were some quality teams out there.  I’d say the competition between the top 8 teams was all equal.   Quality Kickball was well played.  The Seminoles are the talk of the town, and like true WAKA cut-throat champions, they never frequented the bar.  Fun Factor sucked thoroughly.  McDinton’s turn out diminished weekly, and at about week 6  hardly a WAKA shirt would be found past 10 oclock at McDs.  Karaoke dwindled to the point to which HTPT was pulling out all the tricks.  Schniikies, during my last performance, I did a back flip off the stage to get some reaction… to which the crowd responded with a mild to quite-mild yawn.  I didn’t land it like an Olympic gymnast, or any kind of gymnast, but dude… a back flip… nothing.  How can this league be fun… and it hit me.  So then a revelation came across my mind.   Epiphany.  And I second guessed myself.  The outside world would judge me, conventional behavior told me not to do it, It’d be too much fun.  It wasn’t me.  But after a weekend afternoon of watching Dr Wayne Dyer on PBS, I found the inner EGO igniting it once again, and where better than at GOKickball.  WAKA wouldn’t appreciate this.  I’m signing OFF now with the cryptic tone set, and mostly because no one read this posting after “WAKA” was in the title, so I’ll quit wasting precious keystrokes.

No comments: